Re: Headhunters in the Bay Area (Specific Information)

Subject: Re: Headhunters in the Bay Area (Specific Information)
From: "Martin, Chuck" <chuckm -at- EVOLVESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:26:18 -0800

On Monday, February 16, 1998 8:03 AM, Lori Pirri
[SMTP:lpirri -at- TIMESTEP -dot- COM] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if someone could please give me a list, or direct
> me to a list, of reputable headhunters in the Bay Area.
>
> I did search the TECHWR-L archives for information. Nothing in the
> archives provided specific information. I know where to look for
> headhunting information but I need to know "good" agencies.
>
> I'm from Ontario, Canada and will be relocating to California. I do
not
> know any writers in CA to consult.

While I don't know of a list, allow me to plug my recruiter/broker, who
has put me into several contract and permanent positions. A former tech
writer himself, he handles only technical writers. One of his
philosophies (which I love) is that tech writers add value to a company
equal to that of the engineers, and so should be compensated similarly.
I have found him to be a person of integrity, knowledge, and resource.
More than just looking to throw bodies into jobs, he strives to ensure
that the *right* person goes into the position (as has been mentioned
here in another thread, more than just matching skills, but looking for
the right "fit").

His name is Andrew Davis, and his company is Synergistech. Check out
www.synergistech.com.

--
"You don't look American."
"Everyone looks American, because Americans are from everywhere."

- Doonesbury
Chuck Martin, Technical Writer
Evolve Software | Personal
chuckm -at- evolvesoftware -dot- com | writer -at- best -dot- com
www.evolvesoftware.com | www.writeforyou.com