FM5.5/Distiller error--right on time

Subject: FM5.5/Distiller error--right on time
From: Michael Clark <miark -at- MIJENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:36:55 -0600

Yesterday I worked feverishly to prepare a FM doc for conversion to
PDF so it could be included on a CD-ROM. I actually got the document
just the way I wanted, and right on time, but when I tried to distill
it, it just wouldn't work. Despite an hour of fiddling with the source
document, I couldn't get rid of the error, and I missed my deadline.
The error was as follows:

Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: 000000FFFFFF949494

While the CD deadline has passed, we can still post a PDF version to
our Web site. But how do I go about diagnosing this error? I tried
replacing all the markers, reapplying the formats, and making sure
that the graphics were EPS. I even deleted the page-o-choke and it
still found a reason to choke on the new page of the same page number.
(Does it just not like the number 22?)

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mike