Professional Development Question

Subject: Professional Development Question
From: Annette Schulz <Annette -at- DIGITAL-REN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:38:00 -0500

Hi there,

I have a question regarding professional development. Over the
next year, my company has requested that I position myself more as a
strategic thinker rather than an actual doer. What that means is that I
need to start finding courses (preferably in Toronto, but am willing to
travel to seminars) that offer this type of specialized education. Note
that this doesn't necessarily entail management education...more senior
level consultant type of stuff.

Also, if anyone has ever performed a user-support spectrum
analysis (determining all the information a user needs, ranging from
pre-purchase to post-puchase senior user requirements), I'd be curious
to hear what other techwrlers have discoverd. What resources did you
use? What type of decision/analysis functions did you need to perform?
That sort of thing...do I sound vague? Probably. But hopefully there's
someone out there who knows what I'm refering to...

Thanks a bunch folks!

Annette