Re: New PDF linking

Subject: Re: New PDF linking
From: Wendy Lewis <wlewis -at- NCLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:05:50 -0500

OK. This is making me crazy too.

I tried following the book's and Kathryn's advice. I get exactly the same
results as when I pdf'd with no documents open. I have 5 external links in
my book. Two are to the first page of a glossary, which is a single file
pdf. These have always worked -- no problems. The other three are to
newlink markers in another book. One gives me the error that Franky cited.
One does absolutely nothing. And, one opens the book but does not go to the
newlink marker. They all have exactly the same syntax, caps, spaces, etc.
Yyyyyaa! {:O

Can anybody give me a clue or direction to search in?

Win95, Frame 5.5.1, Acrobat 3.0

At 11:13 AM 2/20/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Franky and others interested in cross-file linking,
>
>>1. Open book file (book 1 containing the xref).
>2. Open book file (book 2 containing the xref destination).
>(3. Open the files in book 2 containing the xref destinations.
> This step is not in the Frame manual, but I'm insecure)
>4. Print book 1 to ps and distill. Move pdf file to the same folder
> as the book 1 Frame files if necessary.
>5. Print book 2 to ps and distill. Move pdf file to the same folder
> as the book 2 Frame files if necessary.
>6. Open book 1 in Exchange and check your links
>
>The critical step is to have the PDFs in exactly the same directory
>structure as the original Frame files, including the folder names.

Wendy Lewis
North Coast Logic