Re: Searching...

Subject: Re: Searching...
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:06:00 -0600

It appears to me that you're looking for a course, not a newsgroup or
mailing list. I think that you'll find a few good ideas from this list
now and then, but it's not a "how-to" list. You'll also find
recommendations for some good books, articles, web sites, etc. that DO
answer some of your questions. You might also find a few
thought-provoking discussions on WHY we do things the way we do...and
why and when it might be time to change the things we do.

You'll also have to don your hip boots to wade through a lot of muck,
but it's worth it in the long run. Some of our folks are a little too
quick with the Reply button, others are just plain mean-spirited. The
vast majority are, however, the kindest, most helpful folks you'll ever
run across. They write everything from policies and procedures to
software manuals to online help, and they include recruiters and web
designers and bosses and "newbies" --- and you know what? I learn from
all of them.

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,
AnswerSoft, Inc. Richardson, TX
(972) 997-8355
janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com

On Monday, February 23, 1998 7:02 PM, pmariad [SMTP:pmariad -at- SPRYNET -dot- COM]
wrote:
> I just joined this listserv and have been fascinated at the world
that's
> been revealed to me here. I write policy and procedures for a state
social
> service agency. Currently, we produce just a hard-copy manual (using
Word