Quark Express

Subject: Quark Express
From: "Cowley, Martha - Broomfield, CO" <Martha -dot- Cowley -at- CEXP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:48:57 -0700

Hello fellow technical writers,

I need some information on Quark Express and how it compares to other
publishing packages such as Framemaker, Corel Ventura, and PageMaker. I
am a digest reader and need some quick information as I must submit my
final budge proposal to the big heads by tomorrow. Please respond off
list to martha -dot- cowley -at- cexp -dot- com -dot- I will post a summary of responses
received.

This is the situation: We are working with a vendor to produce
self-directed training guides for a proprietary software. The vendor has
recommended Quark Express for PC. I have never used Quark. I know it was
originally developed for the Mac platform and is the tool of choice
among many Mac shops. I know nothing about their PC version and it's
compatibility with the Microsoft world which is our Corporate choice. I
need to be able to have users in different geographical locations be
able to print these documents. Does Quark support this or must they all
have Quark installed to print the documents? Is there a "viewer" they
can use to print the documents.

Your experience and help are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Martha
martha -dot- cowley -at- cexp -dot- com