JOB POSTING: Technical Writer - Bedford, MA

Subject: JOB POSTING: Technical Writer - Bedford, MA
From: Jeanne Hayes <jeanne -at- CI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:13:01 -0500

Cognition Corporation is a leading supplier of software tools based on
CAE/CAD, expert systems, and object data bases that are used by
manufacturing and design companies to improve product performance,
reliability, cost, and time-to-market. We seek an energetic, highly
motivated technical writer to develop and support on-line and printed
documentation for our expanding software product lines. Please visit our
web site at www.ci.com for more information about Cognition and our
products.

As a member of our product development team, you will be involved in all
facets of software documentation. You will:

- Design, develop and publish software documentation, including user
guides, reference manuals, and on-line help.
- Review, revise and otherwise support existing documentation projects.
- Maintain documentation style guides and procedures.
- Contribute to other writing projects such as white papers, marketing
collateral, training materials, and technical notes.
- Develop and maintain Tech Pubs Web pages on our company intranet.

Applicants for this position must have demonstrated excellent skills in
writing both conceptual and procedural software documentation (printed
and on-line). You must be detail-oriented, self-directed, flexible, and
have a proven ability to solve problems creatively. You should have
strong interpersonal skills to interact with project managers and
technical staff, and you must be a team player. You must be able to
manage multiple projects simultaneously and be willing to adapt to
rapidly changing technology.

You will also have the following qualifications:

- Minimum B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering,
Technical Communications, English or Journalism.
- Three or more years technical writing experience in a commercial
software development environment.
- Excellent English writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent research and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with UNIX and NT workstations/operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, and on-line help
development tools.

Experience or skills in the following areas are a plus:

- Familiarity with graphic design and illustration tools (CorelDraw,
Adobe Photoshop, ImageMajick, xv).
- Experience in developing and maintaining intranet Web pages.
- Knowledge of CAE/CAD and/or expert system software tools.

Located in Bedford MA, Cognition Corporation is a small, privately held
software company. We offer a casual, flexible, and smoke-free work
environment. For this position, Cognition is offering a competitive
salary, excellent benefits, and stock options.

Cognition is a small company with large growth potential that rewards
hard workers. Send your letter of application, salary history, and
resume to (principals only, please):

Jeanne Hayes
Manager, Technical Publications
Cognition Corporation Fax 781-271-0813
209 Burlington Road Email jeanne -at- ci -dot- com
Bedford, MA 01730