Re: Looking for books on GUI design

Subject: Re: Looking for books on GUI design
From: Dick Margulis <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:45:14 -0500

Alessandro Bottoni wrote:

> I'm looking for a few good books on GUI design, software usability,
> Computer-Human Interaction and related topics.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> P.S. English or Italian language books, of course...

At the high-principles-and-overview level (rather than the practical
technical level), you should certainly look at Edward Tufte's books:

The Visual Display of Qualtitative Information

Emvisioning Information

Visual Explanations

All are available through www.amazon.com if you can't find them locally
in Bologna.