Re: Word SEQ field question

Subject: Re: Word SEQ field question
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:27:34 -0600

In our previous episode, Walter Hanig said:

> Is there a specific reason for using a SEQ field to accomplish the
> reference? I suggest you select the {SEQ app \r 1 \* Alphabetic}
> field and define it as a bookmark. Then you can just use {REF
> bookmarkname} to refer to it. If you have multiple chapters or
> appendices in the same file, you'll need to define a unique
> bookmarkname for each chapter number and appendix letter.

I'm having a similar problem, I think. I need to get changing text
into a header. The usual way would be with a styleref field, but
there isn't any place that the text that would be referenced is used.
I was thinking I could create a style in the document that was defined
as hidden text, and that works. Unfortunately, the text in the
styleref field shows up as hidden as well, unless I define the
paragraph in the document as un-hidden, which loses the whole point of
the exercise.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to start fiddling with ASK fields if
I don't have to when Styleref is so elegant.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If I ran England like they run that kitchen
You'd half expect somebody to usurp it
I am the King now, and I want a sandwich.
I wonder where my brother Richard is." -- John M. Ford