Re: Photographs and Word

Subject: Re: Photographs and Word
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:04:21 -0600

> I took some photographs
> (portraits of personnel) and manipulated them in PhotoShop (adjusted
> color balance, etc.) That part worked fine. Then I imported the TIFs
> into MS Word, and the photos looked terrible (not to mention the
> amount of time required to actually see the photo). Is this normal?

Do you mean the photos looked terrible when you printed them, or on your
monitor? If you mean the monitor, then <guess> maybe Word simply doesn't
display graphics at optimum quality. Quark XPress doesn't, and it
wouldn't surprise me if other DTP and WP programs show a "rough draft"
on screen. </guess>

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm