QUESTION: Image Editing Software

Subject: QUESTION: Image Editing Software
From: "Megan E. McMacken" <megan -dot- mcmacken -at- FANUCROBOTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:14:48 -0500

I am currently using Paintshop Pro to do screencaptures of a PC GUI. I then
resample the images, generally shrinking them from 280 pixels wide to 160
pixels wide or a similar ratio. This tends to blur the images, and the
"Sharpen" and "Sharpen More" filters don't help much.

A couple of years ago I used Adobe's Photoshop to manipulate images, but I
don't remember how successful it was at sharpening resampled images. I'd
like to end up with a smaller image of nearly the same quality as the
original. What products do you use that do a good job of this? I need
something that can run on a Windows NT platform.

Thanks,
Megan E. McMacken

Megan E. McMacken
Electronic Documentation
FANUC Robotics North America, Inc.
email: megan -dot- mcmacken -at- fanucrobotics -dot- com