Re: Foreign tech writers

Subject: Re: Foreign tech writers
From: Brandy Michelle Pariso <bmp0003 -at- JOVE -dot- ACS -dot- UNT -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:13:44 -0600

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:20:35 +0000 Jennifer O Neill <writer -at- ARITECH -dot- COM>
wrote:
> Steve,
>
> The STC France Chapter can be contacted from our web site:
>
> http://stc.org/region1/sfc/
>
> You could also drop me a line as I'm on the committee. There's no STC
> chapter in Germany but Tekom is the society you want there. We are
> also represented in the UK and Sweden. You can find their contact
> addresses from the STC web site. There are also other tech writing
> societies in the UK & Ireland.
>
> The France Chapter in having it's next quarterly meeting on 20 March
> in Paris and you can find details about it on our web site. We're
> also about to send out details of our multilingual documentation
> competition.
>
> Cheers,
>
> jennifer

Jennifer,

I am working on my Master's degree in technical writing at the University of North Texas.
I am also interested in working overseas after I graduate. Is my Master's degree enough, or do
I need other qualifications? How do I jam (wedge?) my foot in the door, so to speak?

Thanks,

Brandy