Re: HTML Programming vs. PDF

Subject: Re: HTML Programming vs. PDF
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:20:30 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 1998 9:09 PM
Subject: HTML Programming vs. PDF

>I see that as a drawback, actually. Explorer doesn't read JavaScript, but
>JScript. But Netscape doesn't honor JScript...Java applets require

[snip]

This is only partly true. Internet Explorer does support JavaScript. Here's
a snippet from www.microsoft.com:

"Will JavaScript work in Internet Explorer 4.0?

Most functionality in JScript and JavaScript will work across both the
Internet Explorer 4.0 and Netscape Navigator 4.0 browsers. The key issue
here is that Internet Explorer 4.0 is already fully EMCA-compliant, while
Netscape has announced that it intends to support ECMAScript. Internet
Explorer 4.0 continues to lead in the standards arena, through its support
for key standards such as ECMAScript."

IE 3.x supports nearly the same object/event model used for Netscape 2.x
browsers.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com