Re: DISCUSS: Tabloid _H_eading _C_apitalisation

Subject: Re: DISCUSS: Tabloid _H_eading _C_apitalisation
From: Marian Chapman <mkc -at- INFORMATIONVIEW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:13:36 -0500

If you are using Word 6.0 or 7.0 you can add a button to your toolbar with a
menu that will change the case of the selection: uppercase, lowercase, title
case (initial caps). All you have to do is right click on the toolbar,
select customize. Scroll through the selections to "all commands" then
scroll through the selections to find "change case." Select it and drag it
over to a toolbar. It's a predefined button design, so you're all set to go.
A selection menu will display the various options. Select your text, pick an
option and boom---done.

While we are on the subject of additional tool bar functions, there are a
bunch I've found and added to my toolbar (I hate pull-down menus). Some of
the most useful I've found are:
End of document
Start of document
Insert symbol
Go to
Page break
Small caps
Word underline
update fields

All of the above have predefined buttons.
If you want to spend a couple minutes designing a button, you can create a
custom button for any command you want.

I've got buttons for:

edit bookmark
format paragraph
format font
format style
format tabs
insert caption
insert cross reference
insert index
insert field
tools, repaginate
tabs
insert picture
all my current styles like headings 1,2,3,4, normal, body text, etc. (If
they are template specific, I create a new toolbar and keep them there.)

I've only briefly looked at word 8 and I know you can create custom buttons,
but they are text only buttons--you can't create an icon for them, so the
buttons can get really large, especially the styles.

Marian Chapman
InformationView Solutions Corp.
mkc -at- informationview -dot- com