Re: International HTML (long)

Subject: Re: International HTML (long)
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:19:12 -0600

Let me clarify my response. You may be asking two very different questions
here so I'll try to hit on both.

If you're asking if you can CODE HTML in non-English, the answer is no. HTML
is a standard as I've already said.

If you're asking you can use characters from other alphabets such as Arabic,
Cyrillic, etc., in your home page (but not in the HTMl coding itself), the
answer is yes. To do this I'd suggest using a WYSIWYG editor that will
supply the appropriate ASCII code (such as &0153;). You could also obtain a
table showing you the codes for the characters you want to use.

Regards...Kris
kolberg -at- actamed -dot- com
kris -at- olberg -dot- com