Re: instructor manual layout question

Subject: Re: instructor manual layout question
From: "Write Now, Inc." <writer -at- JLC -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:04:29 -0500

The two formats I have traditionally used for instructor manuals are

- Left page for instructor notes - Right page for Student info
since the left page is blank in the student book it allows for the
student
to have room for notes

- Two column format Instructor notes in smaller print on left column and
student info in larger right column.
Good theory - but small print makes it hard for the instructor to
see this.

Both of these were done in FrameMaker, using conditional text for the
instructor
notes.

Having taught classes also, I prefer the two page format as an instructor.

dana b mackonis '-.-' writer -at- jlc -dot- net
Write Now, Inc.
Publishing and Internet Technology