What might a writing test be?

Subject: What might a writing test be?
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:27:13 -0600

I'm interviewing for a position soon and, like many have
stated here, have no portfolio because all my work has been
proprietary. The company has a standard writing test for
such applicants. Without debating the merits of it, can
anyone who's taken one of these tests tell me what they
might be planning for me? They asked whether I minded
staying for a few hours to do this, so it seems a bit
involved.
Please respond to me; I don't think the list is concerned
with this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alfred Watkins
mailto:awatkins -at- pobox -dot- com