Re: SACRED COWS

Subject: Re: SACRED COWS
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:07:38 -0800

Maenad said:
> It _IS_ easier to learn to write than to "catch-up" on
> engineering/computer/technical theory. Okay, notice I expand your
> original thought to include non-engineering technical disciplines. Any
> field of study that deals with technology, be it engineering, computer
> science, or programming (etc...) forges the mind in ways that a non-tech
> individual rarely understands.

ROFL! You sound like the guys who told me that taking a class in C would
improve my problem-solving skills. (It improved my programming skills;
these are not the same as problem-solving skills. Writers have to
have good problem-solving skills, too, you know.)

> An argument could be made that any "engineer" who can write probably
> uses the wrong side of his/her brain, hence they are not true engineers,
> merely very smart liberal arts majors!
> BTW I teach as well as write and do "techie" stuff--explain that
> one.

You're a smart liberal arts major.

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com