Re: diffs betw tech and academic writing (was writing samples)

Subject: Re: diffs betw tech and academic writing (was writing samples)
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:46:56 +0000

The obvious difference to me is in style. I'm now working on my MA thesis
and am still getting to grips with HOW I write it - not the way I would
instinctively do it! I've also had a comment on one of my earlier
assignments re phraseology/style and was told this was an "academic"
assignment though I queried the the definition of style as the course is in
Tech Writing. Seemed a little strange to me - course in TW which
emphasises "TW style" but assignments to be written in "academic style"!!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International