Re: Per Diem Issue: Conclusion

Subject: Re: Per Diem Issue: Conclusion
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:14:02 +0000

<<I did kindof risk the farm on this one, because my contract was not
too bad to begin with, even before this renegotiation. But the
contract company's take was above 50%, and that just did not seem
right.>>

50% does seem a trifle excessive. I don't know about the US but here in the
UK (sure it's the same) companies will try to take as big a cut as they can
get away with!! Generally (from my experience) it's between15% and 30%.
(Can be more as some companies offer to treat you as employees and sort out
tax etc but with no paid hols, sick leave etc).

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International