Re: Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed

Subject: Re: Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed
From: Barry Campbell <barry -at- WEBVERANDA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:10:29 -0500

At 01:40 PM 4/1/98 -0800, Tony G. Rocco wrote:

>I am preparing to do my comprehensive exam for an MA in English with a
>technical writing focus, and I want to research the area of online help
>delivery systems and hypertext. Can anyone recommend some good books in
>these areas?

"Standards for Online Communication," Hackos and Stevens (John Wiley
and Sons, 1997) ISBN: 0-471-15695-7. It's a book/CD-ROM combo; the
CD-ROM contains the full text of the book, laid out according to the
principles articulated therein. :-)

Hope this helps.

--
Barry Campbell | Senior Technical Writer
barry -at- webveranda -dot- com | Summit Systems, Inc.