Re. Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed

Subject: Re. Online Help and Hypertext Books Needed
From: Yves Jeaurond <yves_jeaurond -at- CBC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:21:00 CDT

tgr:

(0) There's a neat summary in Wexler's new "Official Microsoft HTML Help
Authoring Kit" (MS-Press, 1997)

(1) You may want to check out "WiredStyle"--A Guide to English Usage in the
Digital Age, published by Wired.

(2) Clement Mok put out "Designing Business" a few years/months ago. It can be
found in most clearinghouses for passé computer books.

(3) "online delivery systems" is pretty vague. Still Al Cooper's "About Face"
talks about interface shortcomings.

(4) For hypertext, there's a book that I haven't read (egads) but it is by an
author I enjoy: it's J. David Bolter's "Hypertext & the Invention of Writing"
(sic?) Too expensive for my taste.