Re: Web vs. web?

Subject: Re: Web vs. web?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:41:35 -0600

Well, I don't know about within our profession, but in the outside world
I've seen a consensus:

The "W" is capitalized, in bold italic text at a significantly larger
point size than the rest of the text, in a different font. The "W" is
repeated three times, and the word "WWWeb" is paired with a word in
which a random vowel (purists like it to be an "a") is replaced by the
"@" symbol.

Within our profession, a little dignity (not a lot, it's unhealthy and
can cause weight gain in the head and on the shoulder) might be in
order. I would suggest that if it's THE Web, it's capitalized, if it's a
generic web it isn't. Same with "internet".

---
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home: nax -at- execpc -dot- com