Re: Word 7 for Windows vs Formatting problems

Subject: Re: Word 7 for Windows vs Formatting problems
From: Walter Hanig <wdh -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 09:02:20 -0800

At 08:52 AM 4/3/98 PST, Linda Miller wrote:
>HELP! Our group is very frustrated with Winword 7. We cannot trust the
>table of contents or index for our manuals. They change mysteriously!!!!

I'll make the obvious statement: Don't use master documents; use RD fields instead to compile TOCs and Indexes from separate files. (White paper available; request offline.)

On a more practical note, check all your headers and footers in the index section for "same as previous." When this is checked/enabled, you can lose the column settings or formatting of the section break (such as odd page).

Good luck!

Walter

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: wdh -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
Blood Type: O+