Re: Americans working in Canada?

Subject: Re: Americans working in Canada?
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:01:01 -0700

Being born and raised here, I've never applied to immigrate.
The Government of Canada has a pretty good Immigration web site:

http://cicnet.ci.gc.ca/english/coming/emain.html

From here there are links to forms and an FAQ.

As for jobs, it depends where you want to live. Toronto is booming, but I
think here (Victoria) is a nicer place to live.
(Yes Torontonians, having moved three years ago, I no longer believe that
your fair city is the center of the universe.)

Besides the excellent advice to check the paper Globe, the Globe also
maintains a career database, which has many ads (most of them in TO).:
careers.theglobeandmail.com

Finally, check the job banks of local STC chapters.
Word of warning, many Canadians complain that relocation assistance is
pretty rare, so you'll have to wanna move bad.

Hope this helps,
Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping
Victoria, BC