Re: Americans working in Canada?

Subject: Re: Americans working in Canada?
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:17:29 -0700

>Word of warning, many Canadians complain that relocation assistance is
>pretty rare, so you'll have to wanna move bad.

Actually, there is a very reasonable tax break available (from the Gov't of
Canada) for folks who are moving between cities to take a new job. Moving
and living expenses are covered 100 per cent and can be recovered in the
form of a tax rebate when you file your taxes for that calendar year. I do
NOT know whether this is available to American citizens applying for work
visas or immigration status in Canada; you would have to talk to a
representative of Revenue Canada to confirm that.

- Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
Intrinsyc Software, Inc.