SUMMARY: Salaries in Chicago

Subject: SUMMARY: Salaries in Chicago
From: Carol Van Natta <CVANNATT -at- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:40:59 -0700

I asked what salaries are in Chicago. I got many requests to
share what I learned, but only one actual response, so here it
is:

>>According to my 1997 salary survey put out by STC, and
assuming (since you're being courted) that you're "good"
(i.e., in the 90th percentile) you should be looking at a base
of about $70,000, especially if you have 11 years or more of
experience.
Adjust that if prices are high in your area, and add in profit
sharing, stock options, quarterly bonuses, 3 month salary
review, etc.<<