Re: I solicit your HELP (etc.)

Subject: Re: I solicit your HELP (etc.)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:50:55 -0500

I'm confused... what are you referring to when you say spelling things
out? Is this a call for writing out "et cetera" instead of abbreviating
it "etc." or are you saying we shouldn't use it at all and should write
out the entire list that was being alluded to by "etc."?

> >Speaking for my own persnickety self, I'd be glad to see the trend for
> >acronyms and abbreviations reversed. What's wrong with spelling things out?
> >
> >(Oh, please no lectures on common usage. I'm just opining here.)

> >> What is the appropriate usage of the word etc.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm