URGENT: Company Policies

Subject: URGENT: Company Policies
From: Tracey Moore <traceym -at- APPLIEDMAPPING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:10:53 -0400

I work for a small company that is owned by a blue-collar company. Until now we have used their employee manual and company policies (which are definitely below IT industry standards). We are currently establishing our own company policy. I have searched for industry comparisons of company policies to no avail.

I am asking for input from anyone and everyone. You can e-mail me directly with your responses. I will publish the results to the server for those interested (with no mention of company or individual names--strictly confidential here). The following questions apply only to salaried professionals. Please respond at your earliest convenience:

1. Indicate the type of company you work for (e.g. software developers, telecommunications, banking)

2. What holidays does your company observe (by way of paid days off)? If your company gives more than one day off in a holiday (e.g. two days for Thanksgiving) please indicate the holiday and number of days.

3. How many paid sick days per year does your company provide?

4. How many paid vacation days per year does your company provide?

5. Are there any restrictions on vacation (e.g. waiting one year before using)?

6. Does vacation time accrued increase with years of service?

7. Please describe. (e.g. 2 weeks up to 5 years service, 3 weeks 5 to 10 years service, etc.)

8. Does your company allow flex-time?

9. Does your company pay professional dues? Is there a cap?

Thank you so very much for participating in this survey. I will send out the results next week.

Also, if you know of any web sites that have industry comparisons on the above, please forward the addresses. Thanks again and again.