Home workers organizations?

Subject: Home workers organizations?
From: Vicki Schmitz <schmitz -at- POSITRON -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:00:44 -0500

This may seem like a dumb question, but are any of you members of the
American Home Workers Association or the Int'l HWA? I'm very skeptical
about giving anyone money to join something like this but I'm having a
tough time finding places that use telecommuters or freelancers in my
area. Until recently I was a telecommuter for a publisher and when I
became ill and on disability (difficult pregnancy) they took my newly
offered job from me (I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it
to say that they took it months before I was due to begin in that
position) and I heard recently from a co-worker that the telecommuting
program has now been discontinued and my manager hasn't contacted me
regarding this.

I'm working sporadically on freelance assignments but need to find
more work. I not only need the money, but I'm going nuts sitting at
home with nothing to do and I hate the television :o)

I'm getting desperate. Do any of you have any tips on how to market
yourself or organizations that aren't scams? Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vicki Schmitz
Schmitz Enterprises