Re: Not given work we *are* qualified for

Subject: Re: Not given work we *are* qualified for
From: Joaquim Baptista <px -at- EASYSOFT -dot- PT>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:10:02 +0100

At 17:25 98/04/23 +0800, Stuart Burnfield wrote:

>And so on. I had done all the tech writerly things -- talked to all
>the people who had a piece of the puzzle, wrote it up in a brief, clear
>document, and sent it to the people who needed to see it.

Actually I can think of this as a management function. So, I suppose that
your boss really does not want to give you any "management" functions.

In my current job, I am now involved in the technical specification of the
scripting language that I am documenting. The discussions are both
technical and political.

When trying to document something, it is not unusual for me to find some
flaw in the product. Usually I cooperate with the other software engineers
in solving the flaw itself, and discuss whether the flaw should be solved
or documented.

--
Joaquim Baptista, alias pxQuim Precisa de uma contabilista?
- px -at- easysoft -dot- pt (01) 8684294