Re: Type of binding

Subject: Re: Type of binding
From: "James (Jim) R. Gilliam" <techwriter -at- ARISTOTLE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 18:20:49 -0500

Christa:
I work for an engineering company as a tech writer--mostly developing/writing
proposals manuals, reports, etc. We've experimented with several types of
binding systems, and we've found the comb-binding system to work the best. It
allows for users to keep the manual or report on their desks in a flat
manner... that way, when they're following the written instructions in the
manual or report, the entire document can remain flat on their desks.

Jim Gilliam
techwriter -at- aristotle -dot- net
Little Rock, Arkansas

Hutchings, Christa wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I have just started a new position with a new company and will be
> setting up and handling their tech pubs effort (including authoring,
> designing, hiring contractors, coordinating work efforts, etc.).
>
> We are exploring different types of binding for our printed docs and are
> curious about the pros/cons of publishing user guides spiral bound at
> the top instead of the more traditional side-binding. I'd be interested
> in hearing feedback from anyone who has used or considered this type of
> binding. All comments welcome!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Welch-Hutchings
> Sr. Technical Writer
> Home Wireless Networks, Inc.

begin:          vcard
fn:             James (Jim) Gilliam
n:              Gilliam;James (Jim)
email;internet: techwriter -at- aristotle -dot- net
note:           writer9372 on AOL IM
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1