Re: Type of binding

Subject: Re: Type of binding
From: "James (Jim) R. Gilliam" <techwriter -at- ARISTOTLE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 18:22:30 -0500

3-ring binders are also bulky and difficult to carry/handle... especially if
your users will be on a plane or trip while using the documentation. I agree
with Mary.... you need to survey or interview your users to find out what their
needs are.

Jim Gilliam
techwriter -at- aristotle -dot- net
Little Rock, Arkansas

DURL wrote:

> Check w/ your users. In some situations, I'm recommending the
> traditional 3-ring-binder because some anecdotal research showed that
> anything else tends to be hard to find on a desk/bookshelf filled mostly
> w/ 3-ring binders. The soft stuff that can't stand alone gets lost behind
> the desk or in the bottom of some drawer.
>
> mary
>
> Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
> East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
> durl -at- buffnet -dot- net

begin:          vcard
fn:             James (Jim) Gilliam
n:              Gilliam;James (Jim)
email;internet: techwriter -at- aristotle -dot- net
note:           writer9372 on AOL IM
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1