Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers
From: Wally Glassett <wallyg1 -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 03:20:03 -0700

Nice to see this issue being discussed without getting into 'Holy Wars.' I
had an interesting, related experience this week when I interviewed for a
periodic contract (sporadic piecework). They are looking for a writer to add
content to human resource/personnel software applications in the Windows
environment, and I was turned down because my writing experience and general
background was "too technical." That was a first. I suspect the real reason
was that they didn't want to pay for a fully qualified writer.