Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 13:19:47 -0500

Okay, I wasn't going to do this, but Beth brought up the color palette
analogy. So, I've resurrected the Wing Technical Writing Skills Matrix.
The goal is to develop your skills toward the upper-right corner of the
3d-matrix.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
View in monospace font

(Excellent Tech Writer)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x
.. ..
. . . .
. . . .
. . . .
Organization/ . . . .
Design/Project. . . .
Skills . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
(Good)| . . .
| . . .
| . . .
| . . .
| /Language skills. . . . . ... . . .
| /(good) . .
| / . .
| / . .
| / . .
| / (Poor Tech Writer) . .
(Poor)|/_________________________________.
(Poor) (Good)
Technical Knowledge/Skills

Wing Technical Writing Skills Matrix

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Principal Technical Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://www.ingr.com/iss/products/mapping/

"Humpty was pushed!"