Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 09:07:17 +0100

Snip
> knowledge as an end in itself, in a time when knowledge changes all the
time.>

I agree totally that inquisitiveness, ability to learn etc is VERY
important but I feel that a good BASIC knowledge of a topic is essential to
documenting anything. I've never worked on a job where there was the time
luxury to learn everything from scratch. It CAN be done but is isn't easy
and, as I've said, there usually isn't the time.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International