Re: Silicon Valley Slump?

Subject: Re: Silicon Valley Slump?
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:30:37 -0700

At 10:12 AM 5/8/98 -0800, Tony G. Rocco wrote:
>I have heard rumors to the effect thatthere is a slump in the computer
>industry in Silicon Valley, CA. Quiet layoffs by several firms and such.
>Can anyone out there confirm or deny this? What's the business climate like
>out there? I work on the other side of the Bay, so I am not in touch.

Not that I can see. I've received several phone calls and email from
agencies just in the past couple of weeks. And I'm working full-time. In
each case, the agent then asks whether I know anyone who is looking, saying
they have several tech writing positions (both permanent and contract) open.

Best,

Denise L. Fritch