Re: Parts lists in maintenance manuals

Subject: Re: Parts lists in maintenance manuals
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 16:10:11 -0700

Just give them the level of detail that they need to perform the
procedures covered by the manual. NEVER GIVE THEM ANY EXTRA

My response does not mean that hardware that the Org level is not
authorized to maintain cannot be in an illustration, it can. However,
you only callout the equipment that is named in the procedures.

If the customer has his head about him, information that Org level is
not authorized to use will eventually be torn out anyway. The customer
(at least the ones I dealt with over the years) does not want depot
level information in the hands of an Org facility.

**I'm sure that a quick question to your Contracts Officer will resolve
the issue.

Roger Mallett
Control Systems
(714) 458-5040 x 239