Re: Funky Courier downshift problem in MS Word

Subject: Re: Funky Courier downshift problem in MS Word
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 14:23:23 -0700

Delete the fragment (include several characters on either side of the
problem) and see if it goes away. If so, problem solved. Just retype
the deleted characters back in.

If that doesn't work, cut out the piece, convert it to text (by say,
pasting it to notepad, and copying it from notepad to the clipboard, and
then back into the document).

If that doesn't work, use the old favorite of selecting the entire
document (minus the last paragraph mark) copying it to the clipboard,
open a new document, and paste.

If that doesn't work . . . . tell you what, just save yourself some
trouble. Become a qualified Engineer with programming experience and a
Journalist degree, promise to never use Latin abbreviations, and shoot
your machine.

Roger Mallett
Control Systems
(714) 458-5040 x 239