Where do we fit in?

Subject: Where do we fit in?
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:28:58 -0700

Just curious: Are technical writers at your company part of the
Development group (aka Engineering department) --- or some other
department (Marketing, Customer Support, QA, etc.)?

I've always been grouped with the Engineers. I've also always worked for
small software companies (under 100 employees). This has had its pluses
and minuses. Pluses because I'm always included with the latest
development stuff; minuses because people think I can write user manuals
and nothing else.

-Kathy