Re: Online Document Reviews

Subject: Re: Online Document Reviews
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:45:42 -0400

If you use Adobe Acrobat Exchange, you will have to purchase an Exchange
license for each person that will be reviewing/editing your docs.

A better solution than Adobe Acrobat is Tumbleweed Software's Envoy.
Envoy is an electronic publishing tool like Adobe Acrobat, but you won't
have to purchase extra licenses for your reviewers. Envoy lets your
readers open the docs in the Viewer and add "post-it" notes, highlight
text (in different colors even!), create links, bookmarks, etc. (You
have to have Exchange in order to do this with Acrobat.)

In other words, Envoy provides many of the same tools in its Viewer that
Acrobat provides only in Exchange. And the Viewer is freely
distributable in unlimited quantities, meaning you only have to purchase
one Envoy license. Other advantages are that Envoy requires less disk
space and RAM for both you and your reviewers (readers), the resulting
files are much smaller than comparable PDF files, AND it uses colored
text to indicate links - none of those ugly rectangles you get with
Acrobat PDF files.

And no, I don't work for Tumbleweed or have any other connection with
them. I just happen to think that Envoy is a far superior product to
Acrobat!

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.