Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply

Subject: Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:12:30 -0700

At 06:45 AM 5/12/98 -0700, Bill Swallow wrote:

>I personally like to take a relaxed approach to the interview process.
> Many applicants are usually very nervous, so I like to steer off the
>professional "why we are here" track and really get into their heads.
>What do they like, what background do they come from (NOT
>professional), and especially "Where do you see yourself in 30 years".
> I really like this one... it makes them think. The best response I
>have received had to be "retired and relaxing" (can't remember the
>hobbies explained but it really gave me an idea as to what this person
>was all about). Unfortunately this particular person took another
>offer. :(

Euchred again! I have had my answer to this question for years ("Retired.
How are *you* going to get me there?") Now I find out somebody has beaten me
to it.

--Wayne (who is too old to wait 30 years)
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com