Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply

Subject: Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- ROCKETMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:19:00 -0700

1. You are in a sailboat over the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean.
You drop a 10 lb. cannon ball over the side. How long will it take to
hit bottom?

*** I would probably laugh if asked this during an interview. But
before I answered "Who cares?" I would find out 1) how big the boat
is, 2) how much rations I have, 3) my purpose and heading, and finally
4) am I in hostile waters? If so, I might need that cannon ball!

2. Using a dummy hand grenade, ask the interviewee to sell you the
grenade.

*** <pulls pin, hands interviewer the live grenade> Have I got a deal
for you! ;)

How about "3 trains are stopped at a station. One travels at 60 mph
for Boston where there's a Web technology exhibition. Another travels
at 65 mph for NYC where there is a seminar on rhetorical analysis.
The third travels at varying speeds through winding hills to a small
town on Cape Cod where there is surf, sand, and quiet. Which one do
you take?"

===
Bill Swallow
bill_swallow -at- rocketmail -dot- com