Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply

Subject: Re: Interview Questions (deliberately veering from techie vsnon-techie...) -Reply
From: Denise Fritch <dfritch -at- INTELLICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 10:36:29 -0700

At 10:12 AM 5/12/98 -0700, Wayne Douglass wrote:
>At 06:45 AM 5/12/98 -0700, Bill Swallow wrote:
>>. . . and especially "Where do you see yourself in 30 years".
>> I really like this one... it makes them think. The best response I
>>have received had to be "retired and relaxing" (can't remember the
>>hobbies explained but it really gave me an idea as to what this person
>>was all about). Unfortunately this particular person took another
>>offer. :(
>>
>Euchred again! I have had my answer to this question for years ("Retired.
>How are *you* going to get me there?") Now I find out somebody has beaten me
>to it.
>
>--Wayne (who is too old to wait 30 years)

Very true Wayne. I suspect there are many of us who would answer just that
- retired! Or, perhaps "long retired". <G>

A question such as where I see myself in 30 years tells me much about the
interviewer and what they have not noted from my resume. Anyone with 15+
years as a tech writer/manager and 11 years with newspapers isn't going to
be in the work force 30 years hence.

Denise L. Fritch
(definitely too old to wait 30 years)