Re: more #$ -at- %#^&$# secretary stuff...

Subject: Re: more #$ -at- %#^&$# secretary stuff...
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 12:45:14 -0700

I work captive, and I'm pretty much it when it comes to copying
documentation (maybe this is the real reason I've been pushing online user
guides instead of print!).

We have a receptionist, but she's made it pretty clear that she works only
for the executive staff. She's supposed to help me out with projects if she
has time--which she never has, of course. We all have our own ways of
defining our boundaries. (For me it's phones. In a previous job, our
publications group was the third line of defense for phone coverage--and you
wouldn't believe how hard I had to work, as the only female in the group, to
not get stuck with those damned phones every time.)

But in reality, I like being the "copier monkey" at a small shop like mine.
I swear there is a copier conspiracy out there--I have yet to be able to
take one stack of paper and transform it into ten without something going
horribly wrong--unless, of course, there is no deadline, no one hovering at
my shoulder, when every copy comes out perfect and lulls me into a false
sense of security. Since I have learned the hard way to check every
frigging page, I might as well do the job myself.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington