Re: more #$ -at- %#^&$# secretary stuff...

Subject: Re: more #$ -at- %#^&$# secretary stuff...
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:00:37 -0500

I've noticed a lot of responses on this thread refer to taking notes as
the secretary's job. How many of you have secretaries that actually
attend your project meetings and take notes? We don't -- someone on the
team generally volunteers to take notes, and because our product is
*the* product, not something that accompanies the "real" product ;-), it
doesn't turn into a writer vs engineer thing. Or is it a contractor vs
non-contractor thing? (I won't use "captive," because I'm not captive --
I could walk out the door tomorrow as easily as if I were a contractor.)

Either way, I think being the designated note taker is neither always
good nor always bad. It depends on the way the group works. Around here,
it's not considered a secretarial function (although copying is another
story!).

Tracy

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm