Macro for list of referenced files in Word 7

Subject: Macro for list of referenced files in Word 7
From: Michael Cenedella <ropes -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 15:06:39 -0700

Hi techwhirlers!

Frame generates a list of the files referenced by the document. Very handy
for cleaning up your drive, archiving, and so on.

Word doesn't. I use Word 7, Win 95.

I hunted aroud in a couple of books, the online help, and pumped a few
co-workers to no avail. Everyone wants it, no one has it.

I called MS help. They told me the only way to do this was with a Word Basic
macro, and switched me to that phone queue. The phone rang and rang until I
got disgusted paying for the transfer and hung up.

Does anyone know (or know where I could get) a Word Basic macro that lists
all the pictures referenced in a Word document?

This handy list (the data has to exist somewhere!) is a big missing feature
in Word and I can't be the first peson who's wanted it.

I'll certainly post the results. Why it's not an option for the document
summary I can't imagine.

Michael Cenedella, contract technical writher