Job Opportunity---Morrisville, NC

Subject: Job Opportunity---Morrisville, NC
From: Jen Michaels <jenm -at- STINGRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:33:27 -0400

Hi All:
Stingray Software, a division of Rogue Wave Software, currently has a
position open for a Technical Writer. We're located in Morrisville, NC,
which is a stone's throw from Research Triangle Park (RTP). If you want
to apply for the following position, please send a resume, a cover
letter, and any writing samples to jobs -at- stingray -dot- com -dot- Our URL is
www.stingray.com. The URL for Rogue Wave Software is www.roguewave.com.
Technical Documentation Professional
Stingray, a division of Rogue Wave Software, is looking for Technical
Documentation Professionals that are interested in documenting
cutting-edge developer tools. Stingray produces class libraries in
several programming languages including C++ (our emphasis is in MFC
extensions), Java, ActiveX - so if you want to learn something new in a
dynamic environment, send us your resume!
Requirements:
BS or MS in Computer Science with a concentration
English/documentation. This is an ideal requirement; we will consider
any candidate with a background in technology and writing.
Must be able to communicate with developers and learn quickly.
Should be able to analyze and improve existing documentation.
Our developers frequently generate first-pass documentation for our
products and then pass them to the technical documentation team for
productization.
Experience with software product documentation a
must--preferably commerical products.
Preferences: (These qualities are pluses for this position, but not
required.)
Novice-level knowledge of developer languages and tools such as
C++, Java, or ActiveX.
Experience with Word, PageMaker, FrameMaker.
Experience documenting class libraries or ActiveX controls.