Re: Interview Re: Interview questions -Reply

Subject: Re: Interview Re: Interview questions -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:21:49 -0400

>>> Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM> 05/15/98 11:07am Outside Interest information does not belong in a resume. You use
valuable space needed to sell your qualifications and it is possible
that you can turn off whoever is reading your resume.

I'd have to say, Bob, that this depends on the company, who's doing the hiring, and the position you are applying for. I know of at least 5 companies that throw away resumes that don't show any outside interests. (Dumb? Sure! You can throw away the best candidate because they don't mention their love of lawn bowling, but some places work that way...)

That's why research into the organization and their hiring practices can really help you.

Lisa Comeau
IS Super-User/Trainer
Certification & Testing Division
Canadian Standards Association