Re: Interview Re: Interview questions

Subject: Re: Interview Re: Interview questions
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 20:09:04 GMT

>Outside Interest information does not belong in a resume. You use
>valuable space needed to sell your qualifications and it is possible
>that you can turn off whoever is reading your resume.

Bob:

I think you're generally right for an experienced technical writer.
But for someone right out of school or with limited experience, the
outside interests and education information might be all you have to
work with.

I know my resume had more "outside interests" when I got started, but
now it's all work-related.

As an employer now, I like to see some outside interest information.
I'm in a very small office (me and whoever I hire), so getting along
personally and professionally is important. We don't have to be great
friends, but we also can't be butting heads over intractable personal
differences.

YMMV,
Barb

Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
Technical Writing. caslonsvcs -at- ibm -dot- net
Cleveland, OH